Natural Hazards - National Multi-hazards program
EMSINA's 5 Capability Questions
Q1: What is the Project Scope / What is trying to be solved?
Improve accessibility of natural hazard information for communities across Australia
Q2: What will be available to the EM community / decision makers at the end of your project?
• single combined fire and flood data feed to be continued to work on by EM community
• suggestions on how data could be aggregated more easily
• fire and flood reporting (web and mobile) application (code and SAS service), should jurisdictions wish to onboard themselves
Q3: How will the EM Sector access the results?
• fortnightly showcases - please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to attend
• report on data aggregation suggestions
• report on cross-jurisdictional collaboration, in particular leveraging EMV data aggregation platform
• report on data governance issues and potential ways to address these
Q4: What are the main hurdles faced in completing your Project?
• hazard warning data availability
• local government data accessibility
• fire and flood data standarisation
• future data governance
Q5: What input data / work do you need from jurisdictions?
• as program run pilots, these will showcase some of the work that could happen to work more closely together
Other information provided by the presenter.
• Are there any icons for:
o all kinds of BOM warnings - e.g. road weather, marine wind, hazardous surf, tsunami
o fire bans, planned burn vs unplanned burn
o Longer term: icons for each of the Tier-1 event types defined in CAP-AU
• Why are there separate icons for storms and cyclones (Tier-2 CAP-AU event type)?
• It would be great if Calls to Action and Warning Levels would be compatible to both CAP-AU & EMSINA systems
Question and Answers
The following are overflow questions that the presenter was unable to answer during the meeting.
NT Participation ? :)