Who is EMSINA?
Established in 2002, the Emergency Management Spatial information Network Australia (EMSINA) is a vibrant and active group of spatial practitioners in the emergency management sector. Members are committed to improving safety for Australians through the use of sound decision-making supported by spatial information technologies. More...
What does EMSINA do?
Improved emergency management through the use of spatial information
On behalf of Australia's emergency management community, EMSINA will:
1. Promote and encourage the use of spatial information to support decision making
2. Provide strategic advice and direction on spatial issues
3. Facilitate the sharing of spatial information resources and knowledge
4. Encourage partnerships with the spatial industry.
EMSINA's Terms of Reference:
The Group's Terms of Reference (TOR) supports a collegiate approach to the sharing of ideas, skills and labour across the spatial information teams within the emergency management sector; and convenes meetings every three months, with the venue rotating around jurisdictions and scheduled to align with other industry events such as the annual AFAC Conference.
EMSINA's Annual Workplan:
To ensure EMSINA operates in a transparent manner the Group publishes its Annual Workplan in an open manner. Click here to view the Group's current and past workplans.
EMSINA Meetings are generally held in person at least three times per year; April, July, December.
Meeting locations are rotated through each State/Territory where a member(s) and their agency(s) host the Group.
All meetings include; formal agenda and minutes, member operational and capability updates, members only section, member and guest presentations, project development, along with social events in the evenings.
Attending a Meeting as a Non-Member:
Individuals whom are not EMSINA members are more than welcome to attend and/or present Emergency Management related topics at all EMSINA meetings. However, non-members MUST register their interest with the EMSINA Committee in advance of attendance.
Information about the next EMSINA National Meeting
- 27 July, 9:00 am AEST – 28 July, 4:00 pm AESTVenue TBC - Brisbane, Qld, TBCRSVP's for the second EMSINA National meeting in 2022 to be held late July, 2022 are now open. If you are interested in presenting at the next meeting please contact the Committee at EMSINAgroup@gmail.com
- 02 Aug, 10:00 am AEST – 03 Aug, 4:00 pm AESTACT ESA & Geoscience Australia, Please see AgendaRSVP's for the EMSINA Developers meeting 2022 to be held in early August are now open. If you are interested in presenting at the next meeting please contact the Committee at EMSINAgroup@gmail.com
EMSINA @ AFAC
EMSINA has proudly participated in the AFAC Conference since 2009. This highly regarded conference brings together emergency management experts and associated technologies from all around the world.
Before each conference the Group makes available a dedicated 'EMSINA @ AFAC' page highlighting the Group's initiatives and educational activities for the entire conference week.
EMSINA Spatial Resources - Public
EMSINA members regularly volunteer their time and professional expertise toward projects that build upon and/or improve Australia's use of spatial information in emergency management. Some of the major Projects the Group has delivered or supported can be found below and on subsequent pages dedicated to that topic.